The residents’ meeting shall elect the residents’ committee for a two-year period. The residents’ committee shall select a chairperson amongst its members.
The duties of a residents’ committee are:
- to state an opinion on the budget proposal and rent determination proposal concerning buildings covered by the same rent determination unit;
- to make proposals about and negotiate any repair measures to be included in the budget;
- to state an opinion on the arranging of property management and maintenance duties, if necessary;
- to state an opinion on the contents of house rules; and
- to decide on rental and distribution principles concerning saunas and to supervise compliance with them.